Type “B” involves the acquisition of stock of one corporation by another, and the target corporation becomes a subsidiary of the acquiring, as a result.
Requirements of “B” Reorganization
1) The acquisition must be one of a series of acquisitions that are part of an overall plan to acquire the requisite control.
2) The plan of acquisition must be carried out in a relatively short period of time such as 12 months.
3) The acquisition must be made solely for voting stock.
* Targets shareholders exchange Target stock solely for Acquiring ‘s voting stock.
*T1 and T2 exchange the C stock received for the T1 and T2 stock held by their shareholders, and then TI and T2 dissolve.
* Acquiring must be in control of Target immediately after the exchange.
*Target becomes Acquiring ‘s subsidiary.
*Targets former shareholders become Acquiring shareholders.